Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not exactly how you want to start the New Year or spend your birthday....


Jacob had surgery on New Year's Eve. Melinda went back to work today and this was the first day he really felt like having company. I spent the afternoon with him and Rob came out after work for dinner.
He is hanging in there. A lot more pain than he imagined I think. I knew it was going to be bad when the anesthesiologist told him, prepare for some major pain with this kind of repair work. Then as Melinda and I were assuring him that he would be fine, the doc came in and said this is going to be painful. Okay, so much for our pep talk.
I have to say that for me, this has been the least painful surgery or illness I have ever been a part of for him...LOL Melinda is so loving and kind. As a mom I felt totally comfortable giving up the reins as head nurse. It is neat to see someone love your son as much as you do! He or should I say we are very blessed to have her.

Happy Birthday Jake, have some mudpie!



Say a prayer for Jake's total healing!

No comments: