Happy New Year ~ May your 2008 be filled with good health, much happiness and the love of Christ.
Wow, the first week of the New Year has proven to be very exciting! If this week is a preview of the Year to come, we better strap ourselves in, it might be a wild ride!
We are truly blessed! We have good health, incredible loving supportive family and friends as well as the love of the Almighty Father. What more could you ask for! We are saved by Grace and all we need is provided through our Messiah.
We lounged all day and dinner New Years day was with our friends, Joan and Henry.
Then on the 3rd, Jared, Robert and I met Melinda and Jake at the Yard House in Pasadena for Jake's 26th birthday. Where does the time go? It feels like yesterday that I waddled out the garage door at my mom and dad's house to go back to the hospital. Robert and I had gone there so he could get some sleep and wait. We had already been at the hospital for almost 18 hours only to be sent home because my contractions were still 5 minutes apart and nothing was progressing. My doc was out of town and the doc on call said I could go as long as my water had not broken. We did not want to go all the way home to Ontario so we went to Granny & Poppy's. It was 7 am and standing in the kitchen my water broke. After laboring for 5 more hours and sill no progress they took x rays and Jake was stuck because my artificial hip had not moved out. They knocked me out, took him by cesarean and Jake was born just after 1 pm. 26 years...Wow, the days fly bye and before you know it your little one is texting you that he has asked someones dad for his daughters hand in marriage. I said it has been an exciting week!
We ended our week with Christmas with the Slagle Families. We played PlayStation 2, Sing Star Rocks, what fun! I think Fernando is going to have to keep an eye on Christy. She may be sneaking out to launch her Rock Star career..LOL I am definitely going to purchase that game. What a blast.
2008 is going to be great!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment